Friday 8 July 2011

My Bad

Welcome to my Bad Knitting Blog!  This is a blog that does what it says on the tin:  it's about KNITTING - and it's BAD!

I've been knitting for several years in an increasingly desperate attempt to stave off encroaching madness.  Some things have turned out quite well, if not perhaps for the purpose for which they were intended.  The beret I made for my daughter?  (Pink wool mix DK on sale, primarily for - failed - doll's clothes.)  Turned out to be a beanie.

My drawers are full of jersies I'll never wear.  What do I do with them?  Pull them out and start again?  Unpick all those damn seams I sewed up with magically disappearing stitches?  (In other words, you can't find them to unpick them.)  Is life long enough to bother?  Not when my big wooden box (the one that used to be a toy box before I appropriated it) is jam-packed with delicious sale yarns, a vast stash in which entire jersies could be made, all crying out to be knitted into something new...

The "repair" project starts here.  Pictures - before and after - are promised.  Wait until you see the Bad Bolero from hell.  You'll die laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment