Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Only a day late!  I've frantically been making a pom-pom for my new hat and wanted to finish it before posting, but golly, making pom-poms is REALLY boring.  Got my daughter to do some winding for me! It's finally finished, though.


I bought the wool at a sale quite a while ago and didn't know what to do with it.  It was those deliciously long, silky wool wristies from the Hush catalogue that inspired me to knit myself a pair.  They are lovely and soft and very warm!  The hat is a very basic design with cool pom-pom but because of the silk wool, it looks lovely.  What a pity this yarn has been discontinued (from what I can understand) as it's gorgeous.


I bought that pretty bowl for myself at a gift shop at Somerset House and gave it to myself for Christmas.  It holds buttons and small knitting bits and bobs on the wooden box.


I recently discovered how lovely it is knitting on bamboo needles.  I'm now totally converted!  Does this mean I'll have to rush out and buy ten pairs in all different sizes?  

Over most of Christmas, I was knitting my experiment but by old year's day realised that it had gone horribly wrong.  Bit of a sour knitting note to end the year on but then, it was an experiment.  That wool seems to have brought disaster to my poor dear mother as well as myself.  This will be the third project that gets destroyed.  I think I'm going to separate the wool back into a single strand, the way it's meant to be, and then knit a cable cushion cover.  Surely I can't go wrong with that?!


In the meantime, I'm knitting small, easy projects to ease into the new year.  I've completed most of a Kindle cover.  It just needs to be sewn together and lined and decorated.  I've been using scraps for it and have been inspired to do a nearly-matching cafetiere wrap as well as a tea cosy.  Lots of flowers involved which I love doing.  Just hope my stash has enough bits and bobs to cope!!


No comments:

Post a Comment