Sunday 14 August 2011

Knit Kit

I'm still knitting away happily on my Gedifra tank top...fast running out of yarn too!  (Photos soon!)

In the meantime, here's something I made earlier....it's a very useful Knit Kit which keeps all my knitting bits and bobs tidy.  No more shouting WHERE'S MY CROCHET HOOK!! while frantically clutching a stitch I've just dropped.  Aside from the letters, which I'd never done before, it was quite easy.  The cleverest idea is using curtain tape on the inside for holding all those fiddly things.  I also like the pockets.  I made far too many ties for it, thinking that I was going to go off with my knitting bag and knit in public, but that never happened.  
The pattern was from Let's Knit Issue 31 June 2010 though I used different colours and yarn.  I think this is what they call a "stash buster."


Needless to say, this has MANY mistakes, not least of which the tension was too tight between the letters so that it pulls up slightly.  Also, I knitted one of the letters wrong and had to go over it with Swiss darning but at least I know where my rescue crochet hook is!

No comments:

Post a Comment