Thursday 1 September 2011

The Killing sweater

I'm watching The Killing for the second time...it seems to resonate more when you know who the killer is.  I remember the first time I watched it, I was so utterly enthralled that I couldn't knit a stitch.  I would put my knitting down for the evening and that was that:  gripped for an hour and then entranced by the end-title music that would keep playing in my head even after I'd gone to bed.  It says something for my knitting at the moment that I'm NOT putting it down during the rerun.  Endlessly boring stocking stitch.  I'm back knitting the yellow jersey for my daughter and have run aground on the shoulder.  How can this happen?!  I've used this pattern before and had no problem!  
Can't wait for the second series to start later this year.  It's truly the only worthwhile thing on TV at the moment!  
As for the US version....oh dear.  I tried very hard not to condemn it just for being American, but being American is everything that is wrong with it.  Its predictableness has nothing to do with the fact that I know what's going to happen (or not, as they've changed the ending, apparently), a fact borne out by the rerun of Forbrydelsen still being exciting the second time around.  The characters, their reactions  and the situations they find themselves in are so stereotypical of every other US cop show that I'm half dead with boredom before the titles have even finished.  No problem with difficult knitting, then, when it's on.
And for those of us who haven't a hope of knitting something so gorgeous, here is Sarah Lund's jersey:

You can buy this from shop.gudrungudrun.com if you've got the Euros!

No comments:

Post a Comment