Only a day late, not bad! I managed to finish the striped cardigan in time for Hallowe'en, as promised. It was a very easy knit except for the very long border. I had to pull out my first effort which was excruciatingly painful. Also, the most obvious error I made is in the border: I didn't cast on enough stitches (and yet I seemed to have so many...) so it pulls up at the bottom a bit. However, my daughter doesn't seem to care. The striped version isn't supposed to have pockets but I thought they broke up the rather endless length of stripes down the front! The style suits my daughter rather well as she is long and thin but I was concerned that it is a perfect fit - and I made the biggest size! If I make if for her again, I'll have to increase the width quite a lot, which is a bit daunting. But it seems such a waste to only use a bought pattern once! Even if it was on special offer...
|That's a bat on my head, in case you're wondering|
|Yes, these are pockets|