Thursday, 1 November 2012

Happy Hallowe'en

Only a day late, not bad!  I managed to finish the striped cardigan in time for Hallowe'en, as promised.  It was a very easy knit except for the very long border.  I had to pull out my first effort which was excruciatingly painful.  Also, the most obvious error I made is in the border:  I didn't cast on enough stitches (and yet I seemed to have so many...) so it pulls up at the bottom a bit.  However, my daughter doesn't seem to care.  The striped version isn't supposed to have pockets but I thought they broke up the rather endless length of stripes down the front!  The style suits my daughter rather well as she is long and thin but I was concerned that it is a perfect fit - and I made the biggest size!  If I make if for her again, I'll have to increase the width quite a lot, which is a bit daunting.  But it seems such a waste to only use a bought pattern once!  Even if it was on special offer...
That's a bat on my head, in case you're wondering

Yes, these are pockets

Let's party!

No comments:

Post a comment